Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rosemary Hair Rinse



















I am enjoying my Rosemary Essential Oil right now :) 
It's a favorite for me in the diffuser, I use 2-4 drops Rosemary and 3-5 drops Lemon EO almost every morning. I want the kiddos to head off to school invigorated with their brains all prepped for learning. It helps me get going too, my head feels clearer and I'm able to get my morning off to a good start. 

When I ordered my Rosemary EO it was to help with dry itchy scalps and my lovely thinning hair.
4 kids= thinning hair 
I think it's all the stress, I have 2 teenagers you know!  :) 

My preteen has gorgeous, long thick hair. She also has very sensitive skin and it gets dried out easily. Her scalp especially. We have tried every over the counter shampoo, cond. , cream rinses, expensive hair oils, we could find for dry scalps.  She has even used a couple of prescription ointments. None of those have made much of a difference.  So when I saw a pin on Pinterest and it lead me here- Camp Wander. I quickly made up a batch of Rosemary Hair Rinse, I tweaked her recipe a bit using what I had and adding in a couple other EO's I thought would benefit my daughter and I.  When I get some more lavender EO I will definitely add a few drops to my rinse. We have both been using this for the last couple of weeks and LOVE it.  If you follow the link to Camp Wander's blog she has a wonderful post on this and I am so grateful she does because it has helped us greatly :) 

Rosemary Hair Rinse

2 c. cool water 
4 drops Rosemary EO 
4 drops Melalueca EO 
2 drops Peppermint EO 
1/2t. borax
2 T. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

I put all the ingred. in a clean, empty condiment bottle and shake it up good. (Shake each time before using) After washing and conditioning, cover scalp thoroughly with the rinse (don't get it in your eyes!) Massage it in and let set a couple minutes. Rinse it out, dry and style hair as usual.
This amount lasts us for 4-5 washings.






No comments:

Post a Comment