Thursday, November 7, 2013

Essential Oils

   I have a new found love for an old friend, Essential Oils. For many years, over 18 years actually,  I have used them aromatically, I have very carefully used ONE of them topically (my melaleuca). About 6 months ago through a good friend I was introduced to a company that produces and sells essential oils that go through  rigorous testing. Not just testing it themselves, they have their oils tested by another party as well. 
 
      So these oils can not only be used topically, but internally as well!  I was a bit wary so I ordered  melaleuca from my friend first.  I was really happy with the quality of it. Then everyone (all 6 of us) in my family came down with a really bad cold/sinus bug, it was awful!  My friend gave me samples of 2 oils, a blend called OnGuard and Oregano Oil.  So the Oregano oil sat untouched on my dresser but the blend I put to use on my kiddos. I carefully rubbed it on the bottoms of their feet a couple of times through out the first day. By that evening I could already see a difference!! I used the sample up on the kids over the next 2 days and  they all were quickly over it. I on the other hand was still miserable, I had only used the oil once that first day I got it. And now it was gone :( 
      So as I got ready for bed, debating in my head whether I needed sleep badly enough to take  NyQuil, which I hate, I noticed the bottle of Oregano oil sitting on my dresser.  At that point my head was so congested I was ready to try anything, I put a drop of Oregano, which I should have diluted, on the bottom of each foot. Then rubbed it on the middle of my forehead where I felt congested. Then I climbed into bed prepared for a miserable night.  Much to my surprise within MINUTES I could breath through my nose! And the stuffiness in my head begin clearing, I was able to sleep very well that night.  And woke up with a new found love for Oregano oil :) 

       Since that time I have found several oils that I have added to my collection, oils that have greatly helped my family. Since this is where I began collecting all of my notes and info on herbs and natural healing I wanted to began keeping a record of the oils I have used  and what I have found them helpful for. Also oils and blends I have found that I want to try and have record of in case I need them. 

       The oils that I am using and loving are from a company called doTerra. I am aware that there is a lot of controversy on this subject and between companies. But doTerra is the one I have researched, used and will be using for the unforeseeable future, because I believe they are the safest for my family.  

Here is some info from doTerra talking about their oils. 

    The CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® mark* represents the internal standards used by dōTERRA for sourcing and testing pure aromatic botanical extracts using  independent testing laboratories. The dōTERRA brand and registered CPTG mark represent the dōTERRA guarantee of pure essential oil extracts that meet high standards for both purity and material composition and accurate product labeling.
dōTERRA therapeutic-grade essential oils are pure, natural aromatic compounds carefully extracted from plants. They do not contain fillers or artificial ingredients that would dilute their active qualities. Proper extraction and quality control methods also ensure that dōTERRA essential oils are free of any contaminants, such as pesticides or other chemical residues. In addition to being pure and natural, CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils are subjected to additional quality testing that ensures the correct composition of the active natural compounds found in each oil. Even though an essential oil may be pure, if the right species or part of a plant has not been used, or if the plant has not been grown in the right environment, harvested at the right time, or not distilled under the right conditions, the natural chemical makeup of the extraction will not provide as predictable and powerful a benefit. In some cases, the wrong plant part harvested at the wrong time may result in an extract that contains harmful levels of some constituents.

    For more info on this you can leave a comment, I will be checking them about twice a week. Or you can email me- kbkmsmom@yahoo.com

Wishing you and yours- Good Health :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment