Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Super Moisturizing Hand Cream

I have been experimenting with making my own hand cream, in the winter my poor hands get so dry and sore. Here is the recipe from my 5th batch, it's the one that I will be repeating, I love the consistency, the ingredients and how it much it soothes my super dry hands.

Super Moisturizing Hand Cream 
1/4c. Avocado Oil- (could use any that you already have- jojoba, sweet almond or grapeseed)
1/4c. Coconut Oil
1T. Beeswax pellets
1T. Raw Honey
1/2c. Rolled Oats
1/4c. Cool Water
10 drops Essential Oil, (I use a blend of Melalueca, Lavender and Frankincense for their healing properties.)

    In a glass Pyrex cup I heat my Coconut Oil and beeswax Pellets for 2- 30 sec intervals, until the beeswax is melted. Stir in the Avocado Oil and Honey- while that is cooling combine your oats and water in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the oat mixture saving the liquid. Add your essential oils to your oil mixture, add this mixture to your blender and began blending. After it begins to get creamy slowly drizzle in your oatmeal water. Continue to blend for another minute. Store in an airtight container after it is completely cooled.

The ratio of Essential Oils I use is -

Melalueca- 4 drops
Lavender- 4 drops
Frankincense- 2 drops

The reasons I add these EO's are-

Melalueca- It is anti-inflammatory, helps with allergic rashes, acne and eczema.

Lavender- Has
Positive Effect on Skin in these areas: Acne, Blemished Skin, Burns,
Chapped Skin, Dry Skin, General Skin Rehabilitation, Great astringent for all skin
types, old scars reduced, old sunburn lines reduced, Abscesses, Acne & Acne
wounds, and Itching.

Frankincense- It is beneficial for various skin conditions, it can be used for dermatitis, acne, reducing wrinkles and scars. It helps to diminish fine lines and tighten the skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment