Thursday, December 12, 2013

Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer

Who else out there has a love/hate relationship with hand sanitizer? When I pick up my kiddos from school or sports practice I feel the need to sanitize the germiest thing they are bringing home with them, their hands,  as quickly as possible. I have always kept a good size container of hand sanitizer in my van for that purpose. I love that it gets rid of the nasties, but I hate how it smells/burns/stings and that it is full of chemicals and alcohol. Did you know that a 2 oz bottle of hand sanitizer may contain as much alcohol as four shots of vodka?!? Just what I need on my hands, NOT!
    A few month ago I cleaned out that bottle that I had in the car and made my own hand sanitizer, it kills germs, moisturizes my hands AND smells delicious :)  I am never going back to the store bought kind, NEVER EVER  :)

Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer 

1/2c. Pure Aloe Vera Gel
1/2t. Vit. E Oil
8 drops doTerra OnGuard Oil
1 drop doTerra Oregano Oil

Put all into your container, shake well.

I just finished up making a few of these to add to Christmas
 Gifts this year.
 The reasons that I add those two particular oils-

Activity of all the oils in the Protective Blend On Guard are: Antibacterial, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-viral, mood lifters, anti-carcinogen, anti-parasitic, blood cleansers, immune system booster, and digestive disorders.  And it smells like Fall :)

Oregano is a very effective essential oil that knocks out
common intestinal, skin and lung infections, including-
staph, whooping cough, strep and pneumonia. Oregano may be helpful with colds, asthma, bacterial and viral pneumonia, bronchitis (chronic), pulmonary tuberculosis, and skin parasites.



No comments:

Post a Comment